Changing Child Custody And Support Agreements

Changes in your life may require changes to child custody, child support and spousal support agreements. When changes are required, you want them as soon as possible. That is why it is important to choose an attorney who has the experience to quickly identify opportunities for modification and knows how to navigate the change process efficiently.

In Norristown and throughout Pennsylvania, people have been turning to the lawyers at Solomon, Berschler, Campbell & Thomas, P.C., for more than 30 years. Our knowledge of family law means that we can help you make timely changes to parenting time, child support payments or spousal support payments.

Changes In Income And Changes In Support Payments

One of the most common reasons for requesting child support modification or spousal support modification is a change in income. Perhaps you lost your job.

Understand that the expectation of the court is that you will get a new job as soon as possible so you can continue making child support payments. However, we understand that getting a new job is not always easy, and it is possible that you may have to take a new job that pays less. For this reason, your child support payments may have to be reduced. This may also be reason for a reduction of spousal support payments.

On the other hand, if you are the parent receiving child support payments, you may want to request an increase in payments if you learn that the other parent has gotten a new job or a promotion that comes with a substantial pay increase. Our attorneys can help you see that your child benefits from any wage increases.

Relocation, Remarriage And Other Issues

There are many reasons for changes in child custody and parenting arrangements. Perhaps one parent is considering moving to another city or state. Perhaps there has been a remarriage or the birth of another child. Whatever the reason, we can help you explore your options and make any necessary modifications so that your relationship with your child continues to be strong.

Discuss Post-Divorce Modifications In A Consultation

Call 484-679-5980 or email today to talk to an attorney about modifications to divorce agreements involving child custody, child support or alimony.